VN that you want to have english patch on

Dekiru2

Illegal Member
Reaction score
Credits
It's pretty sad when a visual novel looks really good but you then found out that the game has no eng patch, like you vigorously search every nook and cranny of the internet looking for one just to end up in disappointment. I remember I really wanted to play 君と彼女と彼女の恋 but just gave up the hope.

Do you guys have some too? I even considered learning Japanese for this.

ngducphu22

Innocent Bystander
Translator
Reaction score
Credits
I'm currently playing with machine translation atm and man IT'S SO GOOD! Try it out.
You must have at least 1 post(s) to view content

AllySantra

Illegal Member
Reaction score
Credits
I know exactly how you feel! I have been slowly learning Japanese, but it is SO HARD! There is so much to remember! D: I am dying to play the Kuni no Alice games and the Diabolik Lovers games. ;___; Honestly, I want to try most of Otomate's games. I wish I could read enough Japanese to play them... :(

Gelato

Illegal Member
Reaction score
Credits
There were quite a few I wanted to read before, however as you know no patches, therefore I had to learn just simply through listening the voices to understand the context of things so sadly there's that lol

Maỉanna

Reaction score
Credits
Learning japanese is a very good idea, comrade. Because they are a lot of masterpieces out there not to famous or too well protected (about his rights and stuff) that don't make available doing a english patch. That happens to me a lot of times, specially with otomes.

himegami

Illegal Member
Reaction score
Credits
I remember waiting a whole year for a fantrad of little buster EX before it was canceled at 95% beacause the cencored version was licenced for translation.

Sadly whith the growth of official translation fan translation as we know and love it is slowly diying. Anyways if you want to keep up with the release of vn translation i advise you to read the weekly "visual novel transation status"(VNTS) found on a site called fuwazette.

Last edited by a moderator:

Haruko

Illegal Member
Reaction score
Credits
kono oozora ni tsubasa wo hirogete flight dairies for sure

Zephyri

Trap Cadet
Reaction score
Credits
I really wanted an English patch for ALICE=ALICE from Rejet! The trial version has an English version now, but it would be nice to understand the whole game.

MidoriAmatoya

Trap Cadet
Reaction score
Credits
I'm currently playing with machine translation atm and man IT'S SO GOOD! Try it out.
Haha, yes, I believe that machine translation from Japanese is created only to make fun of the game text, I still remember a masterpiece "he took off his pants and pissed himself" (I don't remember what the original text was about, but it wasn't even close to this for sure).

Since I have no problem with reading Japanese games with the help of VNR and HAT, I don't need any patches for PC, PSP and PS2 games (as for other console games that could be emulated on PC, I don't know since I've never tried any yet). However, a lot of great Japanese VN games are developed for PS Vita nowadays, so you can't read them unless you have a good knowledge of Japanese. For this reason, I want English patches for the last three Diabolik Lovers games, Code: Realize and Nil Admirari no Tenbin.