Otome free talk! (English Only)

Zephyri

Trap Cadet
Reaction score
Credits
Hello. I tried to clarify for myself what a slice of life is and what is not and the info I got is pretty confusing. Here is how "slice of life" is defined on VNDB: "A slice of life story is a category for a story that portrays a "cut-out" sequence of events in a character's life. It usually tries to depict the every-day life of ordinary people, sometimes with fantasy or science fiction elements involved. Slice of life stories may either be dramatic or otherwise presented in a very serious nature, or may be used to help frame a comedic setting."
The problem is, if a slice of life is a sequence of events in a character's life, I meet it pretty much in every otome game. However, the tag "slice of life" on VNDB is pretty rare and not a single otome game I've played so far has it. So, what exactly distinguishes a slice of life story from any other usual otome story? If I don't understand it, I can't recommend anything.

I've played Kuro to Kin no Akanai Kagi. Can it be considered a slice of life story?
To me, slice of life means that it follows a fairly modern, everyday life kind of setting and plot (like a stereotypical high school life). Looking back on Kuro to Kin no Akanai Kagi, it probably isn't a slice-of-life game (because of all the yandere) but I focused more on the modern day Japan setting part of the request :148:

Last edited:

MidoriAmatoya

Trap Cadet
Reaction score
Credits
To me, slice of life means that it follows a fairly modern, everyday life kind of setting and plot (like a stereotypical high school life). Looking back on Kuro to Kin no Akanai Kagi, it probably isn't a slice-of-life game (because of all the yandere) but I focused more on the modern day Japan setting part of the request :148:
Ok, I got you. Just to confirm, [MENTION=25583]akaruscarlet[/MENTION], what kind of otome game do you consider to be a slice of life?

Looking back on Kuro to Kin no Akanai Kagi, it probably isn't a slice-of-life game (because of all the yandere) but I focused more on the modern day Japan setting part of the request :148:
Yeah, if slice of life stories try to depict "the every-day life of ordinary people", then Kuro to Kin no Akanai Kagi is surely not one of them. No one there is ordinary, starting from the main heroine and finishing with her love interests. Even her friends are somewhat creepy.

Last edited:

akaruscarlet

Trap Cadet
Reaction score
Credits
good evening(?) and I back to my home~ I will answer your question.

Have you tried Kuro to Kin no Akanai Kagi or Bocchi Musume x Produce Keikaku (Fashioning Little Miss Lonesome)?
I'm allready to download KuroKagi, and I will try it soon.
(I feel interested of dark theme and YURI route hehe..)

I'm deciding for BocchiMusu on Steam because I don't have money a lot... TTTT

Also, if you're looking for Haruka na Koi, Hako.re has it here. Unfortunately, downloading it needs 200 posts :129: You can also download the CG pack here at 150 posts!
I'm feel so sad for that, it will a take a long time for make a 150 posts without get banned with spam reason. ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ
PS. if you wouldn't mind, you can send some sweet scene CG from that game a little in PM? It's okay if you don't send that. Thanks! TTTTT

[MENTION=30854]MidoriAmatoya[/MENTION]

I'm not sure of slice of life otome game, but Its okay, if you can't to find PC slice of life otoge, i just a little of interesting that, and i already to download KuroKagi, and i will tried it soon..

Last edited:

MidoriAmatoya

Trap Cadet
Reaction score
Credits
Last edited:

akaruscarlet

Trap Cadet
Reaction score
Credits
[MENTION=25583]akaruscarlet[/MENTION], here are all decent present world slice of life otome games I've found. I hope you'll find something to your liking.
1. Asuka! ~Bokura Seitou Koukou Yakyuu Dan~
2. Bocchi Musume x Produce Keikaku
3. Dare ni Demo Ura ga Aru -True or Lie?-
4. Gin no Kanmuri Ao no Namida
5. KoiGIG ~DEVIL×ANGEL~
6. Kokorogawari
7. Memories
8. Natsuzora no Monologue
9. Onedari ShareMate
10. Otouto Scramble
11. Starry☆Sky series
12. Sumire no Tsubomi

Good Morning! and Thanks You for Recommendations for These PC Otoge. :79:

MidoriAmatoya

Trap Cadet
Reaction score
Credits
Good morning,[MENTION=25583]akaruscarlet[/MENTION]. You are welcome. They are all PC otoge except for Natsuzora no Monologue which has only PSP, iOS and PS2 versions. I hesitated to add it, but it looked intersting, so I added it in the end. You can still play it on PC with the help of PSP emulator (PPSSPP) or PS2 emulator (PCSX2).

akaruscarlet

Trap Cadet
Reaction score
Credits
Good morning,[MENTION=25583]akaruscarlet[/MENTION]. You are welcome. They are all PC otoge except for Natsuzora no Monologue which has only PSP, iOS and PS2 versions. I hesitated to add it, but it looked intersting, so I added it in the end. You can still play it on PC with the help of PSP emulator (PPSSPP) or PS2 emulator (PCSX2).
Thanks You recommend for PSP Emulator, I will try find some PSP otoge soon...

MidoriAmatoya

Trap Cadet
Reaction score
Credits
Does anyone know a good otome game about high school life? With going to classes, dating your schoolmates and etc? Similar to the School Days game, only with a female protagonist.

fluffyswife

Reaction score
Credits
[MENTION=30854]MidoriAmatoya[/MENTION] I haven't played(or watched) School Days, so it's a guesswork, but here:

For PC the Starry Sky series is exactly school days slice of life. If you like it sweet and warm and just a little bit angsty.
D.C. Girl's Symphony also is something of the sort.
Zettai Kaikyuu Gakuen maybe strays a little
For PSP Storm Lover is exactly school life - classes, homework, flirting
Hoshiiro no Okurimono is not a bad story either

MidoriAmatoya

Trap Cadet
Reaction score
Credits
[MENTION=22902]fluffyswife[/MENTION] Thank you for several great recommendations, it's exactly what I wanted.

I haven't played(or watched) School Days, so it's a guesswork
It's no wonder that you haven't played/watched it since it's oriented towards male audience. It's just somewhat famous, that's why I mentioned it. Initially, I played it only because it appeared in an article about yandere characters and it piqued my interest. It was one of my first visual novels, I hadn't even discovered the otome genre back then yet. The point is, it depicts ordinary high school life (that is, until your irresponsible choices drive your partner(s) crazy) and romance between schoolmates.